Did You Know? - Spring Driving
April 26th 2023
In many parts of the United States and Canada, spring represents a season of excitement and optimism, knowing that the summertime weather is not far away, and the frigid cold winter temperatures are in the rear-view. However, springtime weather, while mostly pleasant, can present its own set of challenges for drivers.
To increase the chances of a safe and enjoyable spring driving experience, please consider the following (note this is not an exhaustive list) :
1. Check your tires – remember that your tires are your vehicle’s only connection with the road. Be sure that you have adequate tread depth, and that your air pressure is appropriate for your tire make and model. If your tires are in poor condition, have them replaced.
2. Assess your windshield wipers – be sure to check your wipers and ensure that they are not loose on the wiper arms and that the wiper is not split. You need to ensure your wipers can handle rain and spray from other vehicles.
3. Slow down on slick roads – slick does not always mean icy. Hail is possible in the spring, and rain can be frequent. Rain can also lift oil and other slick substances from the road.
4. Share the road – the warming temperatures and increased daylight can bring out more pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
5. Understand the effects of medication on driving – the spring weather also brings seasonal allergies for many, so be sure to understand the effects of all types of medication you are taking – prescription or over the counter.
LISKE is an established leader in the field of accident and injury reconstruction with over thirty years of customer trust. We are dedicated to providing a principled and unparalleled customer experience and continue to strive for excellence, acting with integrity, thoroughness, and accountability. The high-level approach we take to each assignment ensures that no element of causation is overlooked, and no stone is left unturned. Our multi-disciplined team of scientists, engineers, and ACTAR-accredited reconstruction experts prepare a comprehensive, objective, science-based analysis of each accident, powered by next-generation technology. A LISKE accident and injury reconstruction provides a foundational pillar you can count on, whether as a building block to causation, or in the rebuttal to an unacceptable, misinformed, and overreached opposition conclusion. Plan your litigation strategy and achieve the best resolution for your client with LISKE Accident and Injury Experts.